"I'd like to add a watermark to my video. How can I do that?"
Ci offers 3 types of watermarking:
— Watermarked Workspaces
We have created dedicated support articles that explain how each watermarking feature works in detail. In this article, we will provide an overview of each feature and point you in the direction that best suits your needs.
As of now, visual watermarking–an enterprise-level security feature–is now available for all users. Free users will have a static "powered by Ci" text in the bottom-right corner of the media. To remove this text, users will need to upgrade to a Pro plan, or purchase a Team or Business plan. Additionally, all company network users have the ability to enable visual watermark downloads for MediaBoxes. To learn more about MediaBoxes, please check out our support article Create MediaBoxes .
Figure 1: Example of Visual Watermarked video
If you would like to learn more about Visual Watermarking, please visit the Visual Watermark & Download support article in our Help Center.
Distinct from Visual Watermarking, Forensic Watermarking adds hidden markers into digital files, like images or videos, marking them as unique to their owner. These markers can be later uncovered with special tools, helping to track down unauthorized sharing or use of the content. Similar to Visual Watermarking, this feature is built into MediaBoxes. Within Ci, please note that users can either enable Visual watermark or Forensic, but not both at the same time.
For some Enterprise users, having forensic watermarking is very valuable as a security measure. This feature is only available at the Company Network level. In order to enable this feature, please reach out to the Ci Customer Success team by submitting a request here .
To see how this functionality works, please visit the Forensic Watermarking support article.
Watermarked Workspaces is a security entitlement enabling a Company Network wide visual watermark to be shown on all files in a Team Workspace where it is turned on. This enterprise-tier feature is available to Company Network and Enterprise Network customers.
There are a few things to consider when enabling Watermarking for an entire Workspace. Please note the following features will be disabled in the Workspace:
- Frame Grab
- Source Quality Frame Review
- Smart Clips
- Video Downloads (Still available for other media formats)
- All Elements
- Custom Renders
- Copy to Space (Only available for Workspace Owners or Network Admins)
Here is more helpful information to know about Watermarked Workspaces:
- While sharing videos in MediaBoxes is allowed (with a visual watermark, of course!), downloading videos from a Watermarked Workspace or MediaBox is disabled. For image and document files, users can download files with a burned-in watermark.
- When previewing videos, a watermark will be visible in the Player as well as the thumbnails while scrubbing the film strip
- Workspace members cannot copy files from a Watermarked Workspace to another Space. Network Admins and Workspace Owners may still use the copy to Space feature.
- Watermarked Workspaces cannot be browsed or viewed on our mobile apps.
- Watermark rules will also apply to new and existing Mediaboxes
If you would like to enable Watermarked Workspaces for your Company Network, please reach out to the Ci Customer Success team by submitting a request here so that we can turn on that capability. The ability to configure a Team Workspace with the Company Network Watermark is available only for Network Administrators to manage.
To see how Watermarked Workspaces work, please visit the Watermarked Workspaces support article in our Help Center.
For any additional questions, please reach out to the Ci Customer Success Team by submitting a request here in the Help Center.