MediaBoxes may contain files/folders that can be shared via a link. These customizable share links provide options to set up the contents of MediaBox, their recipients, and how MediaBoxes are accessed.
There are a couple of ways to create a MediaBox:
— Click on a file and then click Send in MediaBox option in the Action Bar:
Figure 1: Create a MediaBox using Action Bar
— Right-click on a file to invoke the file's context menu, then select Send -> Send in MediaBox option:
Figure 2: Create a MediaBox using the file context menu
— In addition, while in Workspace, the user can click the "+ Add New" button and then click "Send a MediaBox":
Figure 3: Create a MediaBox using the "+Add New" button in MediaBox
Whichever option the user prefers, the following modal window will offer to configure a MediaBox:
Figure 4: Create a MediaBox modal window (Customize tab)
In the Customize tab, the user can specify a MediaBox name or leave a default one (which is a full filename and optionally a number of files the MediaBox would contain, see Figure 4).
Optionally, the user may drop a line in MediaBox Notes to provide recipients with some additional context.
Next, the user can specify a MediaBox type. There are three types of MediaBoxes:
- Secure: only recipients who have Ci account can access these, as login into Ci is required;
- Protected: login is optional, anyone with the MediaBox link and password can view its content;
- Public: anyone who has the MediaBox link can open the MediaBox;
The user may then set auto-expiration or customize MediaBox expiration date and time.
Input a list of recipients' email addresses (optional for Protected and Public types of MediaBoxes) or add recipients using Distribution List.
Next, the user can configure Advanced Settings:
Figure 5: Create a MediaBox modal window (Advanced settings)
- Apply a visual watermark to images and videos;
- Allow Source File download: allows recipients to download the source file(s) (NOTE: Archived files cannot be downloaded);
- Allow download of Ci Generated Previews and Custom Renders. The user can configure which specific Preview flavour or Custom Render profile should be downloadable;
- Allow download of User Added Elements (images, video or audio files, etc, associated with the file);
Subscribe to email notifications when:
- the MediaBox is accessed: you can opt to have email notifications sent to you when recipient(s) of the MediaBox opens it;
- the MediaBox has been edited.
The user may save these advanced settings to save some time next time he or she will be creating a MediaBox: opt-in "Remember..." checkbox.
In the Content tab, the user may add or remove the content of MediaBox, sort it by dragging the files or select sorting order:
Figure 6: MediaBox settings modal (Content tab).
The user should then click on Create MediaBox. Then he or she will be able to copy the MB link or send the link directly via Ci:
Figure 7: The final step of creating a MediaBox
For any additional questions, please reach out to the Ci Customer Success Team by submitting a request here in the Help Center.